Owen McAndrews was born about
1811 in Crossmolina Parish, County Mayo; he died November
25, 1883 (Aged 72 years) in Scranton, Pennsylvania. He married
Ann Coleman, also from Crossmolina, in Ireland before 1849. Ann
was born about 1814 and died in Scranton on Feb. 29, 1884 (aged
70 years). They arrived in the U.S. on November 12, 1849 from
Ireland on the ship Rappahanock, (manifest ID # 4218, port of
Owen McAndrew and Ann Coleman had the following children:
1. Bridget McAndrew; baptised Oct 8, 1838; sponsors Pat
and Bridget Coleman; she married Michael McGary/McGarry, perhaps
John McKenna/McEna, possibly Robert Guy;
2. Catherine McAndrew; baptized in 1839; she married Steven Reap
3. John C. McAndrew; was born about 1841; he married Mary
O'Boyle on February 23, 1881 in Scranton, PA; died at Scranton
4. John Aloysius born 1883; Commercial Artist, never married,
sponsors Stephan Reap and Sophia Savannah;
5. William Henry McAndrew; born 1885,
6. Francis James McAndrew; born 1887.
7. Ann born 12-30-1889 died 10-15-1898, sponsors John Martin
and Ann Reap.
8. Joseph Michael born 1892.
9. Elizabeth Magdalene "Bess" born 7-25-1894 died 6-23-1942
Scranton, not married, sponsors Peter Walsh and Catherine Reap.
Secretary at International Correspondence School.
10. Mary born 6-12-1897 died? Husband Joseph White
Children: Daughter Marian, sponsors James Reap and Mary Dowd. Son
Edward born 1899 (Ohio) (no record in bible).
11. James Michael McAndrew, born Scranton 6-28-1902, born 4 months after
father Michael Joseph died, sponsors Ann Martin and John Dowd.
12. John A.McAndrew; 1888-1937
Ann McAndrew; 1889-1898
14. Elizabeth M.